Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Meet drunk me

I have this crazy alter ego when I drink. I get very confident, I don't care about anything in the world and I love to have fun at any expense. Yep that's me, the sometimes annoying girl at the bar, but typically very well behaved. That is of course, unless I am on vacation.

I was debating on which Key West story I was going to begin with, but settled on my night out our first night there. After a four hour flight, four hours of driving from Ft. Lauderdale to Key West and no sleep a night out was in order. Upon checking into our hotel, we headed out to the local "strip" called Duvall Street. Apparently Duvall was the place to be if you were in search of night life in Key West. There were so many bars and even places to pick up a quick drink as you walk up and down the street.

Not sure what to do, we picked up some drinks and walked down this notorious street. We gazed at cute little shops and picked out some local bars we knew we just had to go into. After about 2 hours of walking we settled in a bar called The Lazy Gecko. This bar wasn't anything fancy, just a little local place that was playing amazing music. We walked to the bar and little did we know, it was ladies night! I love ladies night, and in all honesty it can get me into trouble.

I ordered my staple, Captain and Coke, and downed the first one with ease. Uh-oh, trouble is comin. I continued to drink them one after one and found myself with a great buzz. I started dancing with strangers and probably making a fool of myself. I held a conversation with some guy and can't honestly remember what we talked about. I told a girl all about Oklahoma and how we in fact did not live in tee-pee's or use buggies or transportation. But that is just the beginning.

*Ladies, jump on the bar and get a free shot*

Wow, all three of my friends were convinced that I needed to climb onto the bar. As if I wasn't buzzed enough, I apparently needed a free shot. So, I did. I hoped up on the bar (for the first time in my life) and danced my little heart out. I danced like no one was watching, but I did in fact know they were. I'm sure eventually I will be on their wall of pictures as being apart of the crowd of bar dancers.

I will say, I was probably the most reserved girl on the bar. There was of course the attention getters who thought that making out with one another was exactly what needed to be seen. Granted they tried to pull me in, but I was in my own little world. I didn't want to be THAT girl. And it's not like attention mattered, drinks were free for the ladies.

When the song was over I was so happy to jump fall off the bar and get my next drink. Needless to say, the walk back to the hotel room was very entertaining, especially since it was 5:30 a.m.

3 comments:

Anais said...

Woohoo, dancing on the bar!! I've definitely never done that either - but if I did, I'd probably break my leg or something... lol!

Actually, I haven't been in a bar in like... 3 years I think :S

Kristen said...

oh Key West, what a wonderful time to be had there! My husband and I went on a cruise this past summer and our last stop was Key West. We did the "Duvall Crawl".... yup, basically crawled back to the ship after we finished! Loved the Lazy Gecko! Sadly our partying was in the middle of the day so the bar wasn't nearly as much as it sounds like it was for you!

LWLH said...

lol...it only see a video of that, classic I bet! :)

Post a Comment