Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Turkey Day?

So how was your Thanksgiving? Hopefully, a lot better than mine.

*serious blog alert*

I knew this year was going to be especially rough for me, not only was this the first year without my mom it was the second year without my grandma. Not to mention a ton of other family drama.

For the life of me, (and the fact that I am too lazy to look) I cant remember if I posted a blog about my stepdad's new lady. Just in case I haven't I will give you a quick rundown. My stepdad has moved another woman into the house and has supposedly proposed to her. I found all this out 3 or 4 months after my mother passed away. Apparently it is pretty common for men to freak out and do this. Many people have told me stories.

Well, this woman is ridiculous and in all honestly my sister and I cannot stand her. I have given her the name b*tch and rarely call her by her name outside of his presence. Every time my sister and I come around B goes and hides in the bedroom and doesn't come out. If she so happens to be out of the bedroom she doesn't even acknowledge our presence. Get an idea of how this woman is?

So anyways, on turkey day my SD said she wanted to cook us all dinner and we would have a nice family get together. My sis and I agreed (hesitantly) and made a few of our staple dishes. We showed up to get hugs from our SD and don't even a glance from B. Her daughter was there and neither one of us were given an introduction.

At dinner, she sat across from us and put one piece of turkey on her plate. That's it! Apparently she couldn't even stand sitting by us because at the beginning of dinner she got up and ran in the kitchen. She started slamming counters and drawers. Did I mention her food was terrible? Honestly, I have never eaten so little on turkey day. I literally at the things my sis and I brought. I had no clue that food could taste so bad when it's not even burnt.

My sis and I didn't offer to help clean up or anything. Typically we were the ones that did the cleaning, but I didn't feel compelled to help a woman that couldn't even acknowledge my presence. The whole time she was cleaning my sister and I talked about my mom and our memories of growing up, I know this made B really mad. She can't tolerate hearing anything about my mom without getting all pissy.

So yeah after we left the house, my sis and I parted ways to go get real food from our friends houses. Luckily, we have those friends that treat us like family and wanted to make sure we had a decent holiday.

All-in-all I am at a loss as to what to do. My sis and I really want to have a conversation with our SD, but not sure if that will do any good or not. He tends to take up for her no matter what she does.

I have also thought of asking her what her deal is. I have so many more stories I can tell about the B and will eventually get there. I am trying to play nice, but even my fuse will go out.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry. Family is a difficult thing to deal with, in my clan we have two insane narcissistic blow smoke up you butt people with the an attraction to odd conspiracies. A side that my father "killed off" whom we have heard from or seen in a good seven years. And a failed marriage that is only together for the sake of the kids, kids that are my age and know exactly what is going on.

Like I said Family!
My heart goes out to you, I know what it's like to have missing people around the holidays. Stay strong sweets and don't let her get to you.

Andhari said...

I will ask her too if i were you, not that i should tell you what to so. I mean maybe it will help to talk this out, with your step dad too.

LWLH said...

I agree...you should have a talk with both of them...what the eff is her deal.

Anais said...

Ugh :( That is no fun... Maybe try to see what your SD has to say about it and if nothing comes from this, then confront her about it. The least she can do is be civil!!

michelle said...

im all about confrontation. maybe try talking to both of them at the same time. if you aren't hostile (let her be the crazy one), maybe your stepdad will start to see her for what she is

Unknown said...

What a hard situation! I am so sorry. Hopefully next year is better!

Unknown said...

Hey you!

Interesting blog. I can understand the weirdness and the awkwardness of it all. Granted my Mom didn't remarry (yet) whenever my Dad died, but still, I can understand.

Things in KC are going well and I get to go home a week from Friday for Christmas.

I hope that you're doing fantastic and I will hopefully be able to talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

What is that woman's deal. I would seriously have a chat with your step-dad and her to see if you can figure out what is going on. But if they don't want to put forth the effort, don't let it stress you out.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That is just terrible. I'm sure sitting down with your SD and that lady would at least give you peace of mind. Then you know you really tried and what more can you do?

Post a Comment