Thursday, April 16, 2009

A courthouse strip search?

This afternoon I had to make a trip to the county courthouse; not because I committed a crime, got a ticket or anything grand; but instead because I had to pick up some paperwork for work. Exciting right?

Well I have been to this courthouse one other time, to pay a ticket, and I don't remember it being this crazy.

Upon arrival, I had to walk through a metal detector and run my purse through the camera thing. Well of course, I managed to set the alarm off...great.

The cop didn't seem to happy and I walked through three more times. I didn't have anything in my pockets, my shoes didn't have zippers and I didn't have any metal jewelry on... what the hell?

Then I reached up and realized I had my bluetooth on. The cop refused to believe it was my bluetooth and made me walk through again claiming it was "the way I walked through." I set the alarm off again and said I didn't think his trick worked. He looked grumpy and I took my bluetooth off as I walked through one last time and was clear. Imagine that?

Well great, in the clear right? WRONG. Next he kept arguing with me about there being a corkscrew in my purse. I kept telling him over and over again that I did not have a corkscrew and asked if it could have been my large key, or a key chain. "No, no, no it's a corkscrew."

Another cop must have noticed that I was there forever and he walked up. I told him that there was not a corkscrew in my purse like the other man claimed and be began digging through my purse, only to find nothing.

Then, the lady behind me suddenly says, "I have a corkscrew in my purse." So after my 20 minutes of torture, it wasn't even my purse.

Moral of the story: Never take your purse into the courthouse.

On a side note:
My calf is all cramped up from running, anyone have any ideas on how to help it. I have been stretching like crazy.

4 comments:

LWLH said...

Wow what a dick cop...yeah just leave it in your car trunk next time.

Anonymous said...

Wow what jerks. I hate cops who are like that. grr... I would have probably gotten arrested for yelling at them!

In an effort to get to know you better, I tagged you in 8 things.

Unknown said...

Why would she have a corkscrew in her purse anyway?

Trixie said...

I really wondered the same thing, and honestly what could you do to someone with a corkscrew?

Post a Comment