Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fear for your lives, there will be no tap

Will the well run dry?

Today, it was said that Oklahoman's should stock up on necessary supplies (including two weeks worth of water). Why?

I mean I can understand getting medicine and food in case you come down with the flu. We don't want you out spreading that crap around. But water? Seriously?

I can see the headline, "Due to pig flu tap water must be eliminated." Talk about survival of the fittest.

So this is from NewsOK.com:

Oklahomans should prepare for the swine flu epidemic to worsen by stocking up on food, water and medicines, said a state Health Department spokeswoman.

Leslea Bennett-Webb said health supplies that should be on hand include at least two weeks of regular prescription drugs, along with pain relievers and cold medicines. She said school closures won’t be considered until there are confirmed cases of swine flu in the state.

Also Thursday, the state Chamber of Commerce urged members to plan for a disruption in business in case a pandemic occurs.


The funny thing is, we don't have a single case yet.*

*As of April 30th.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully Kentucky doesn't have any cases either..but I do think they are getting a little crazy about this swine flu!

Melissa said...

Swine Flu is spreading like crazy...people are freaking out. My mom called me to make sure I didn't have any of the symptoms, however my brother is sick--Always knew he was a pig!lol

Jess said...

Yeah, I think this whole thing is just getting a bit much. I don't think it's nearly as bad as it's being made out to be!

LWLH said...

This thing is getting crazy, just wash your hands and stay home if your sick...simple enough!

Post a Comment