Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Good Karma

I am one of those that totally believes in what goes around comes around...also known as Karma. I would like to think that being a good person will somehow pay itself off with all the stresses I have under gone lately.

But yesterday, I could have blown it all.

I rented a movie on Saturday night for the first time ever at the RedBox. If you don't know what the RedBox is, it is like a vending machines for movies! Totally awesome! It only costs a dollar plus tax per night you keep the movie. So, if you only keep the movie for one night you only pay a dollar as opposed to the $4 or so for a Blockbuster rental. I am now a RedBox fan.

So I rented my movie, took it home and watched it. Turns out Made of Honor is a pretty cute flick. I really wanted to rent Rachel Getting Married, but they must have been sold out because it wasn't on the menu. I almost shed a little tear. hehe. But, all-in-all I was satisfied with my selection.

Sunday about 8:30 p.m. I got home and realized I needed to return my movie before 9 p.m. So, I got my movie and pulled in to McDonald's where my local RedBox is. Soon as I pulled up I noticed something a bit strange. It looked as though a movie had be sticking out. I walked up, and sure enough...someone had not completely returned their movie. It was stuck. I pulled the movie out and returned mine.

I jokingly on the phone said I should keep this movie since someone was dumb enough to leave it sticking out, and then I was curious to see what the movie was. I opened it up and it was something like america loves birds I think. Anyways, it was nothing I cared to see. But, I still had the debate in my brain to take it home and watch it, to keep it because they needed to be taught a lesson or be a nice person and return it for them.

Think...
Think...
Think...

Well, since this blog is titled good karma, you probably know that I did the right thing and returned the dvd. I figured that I needed as much karma as I could get and I don't need anymore negativity in my life right now. But, the thought crossed my mind, so I can only hope that being the nice person I am, will be handsomely rewarded.

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I am sure karma will pay you back-- but, truth be told, I would have had the same mental dilemma.

But, I am glad you have discovered the wonders of Red Box. It's amazing, isn't it?!

Melissa said...

I believe in Karma too. Good thing you returned the movie, no one needs Bad Karma!

Anonymous said...

We have a red box in our walmart. I have yet to experience it since all the movies we want to watch are already gone! Maybe I just need to get quicker.

Found you on 20sb I love Comments group.

Unknown said...

Good karma is very important. Good thing you returned the movie!

Unknown said...

How's this for Good Karma? Left you a little present on my blog :)

Post a Comment